Building Information Modeling software, Revit has become a household word in the AEC community since 2002. Combined together Building Information Modeling (BIM) process and three-dimensional modeling, Revit has changed the architecture design, drafting and modeling processes. There are large numbers of Building Information Modeling software vendors. Autodesk’s Revit suite has the highest market share in the pie of BIM software industry, indicating its acceptance and popularity among the global fraternity of architects.
Building Information Modeling is poised to be a major innovation in architecture industry in the 21st century, and Revit supplies oxygen to this wonderful innovation. There are considerable numbers of reasons behind the increasing acceptance of Revit software in architecture industry. BluEnt, a globally leading construction documentation firm, has observed the following advantages of Revit Building Information Modeling software:
- Preview the Future Home in 3D BIM Modeling: Revit Parametric modeling is a significant tool for conceptual design. With Revit software, architectural designers can quickly sketch a rough layout of the floor plan, or make changes to the standard set of building designs and instantly let their customers preview their future homes. 3D design views give designers to try out different design ideas and guide their design decisions at early stage.
- Quick Changes to Design, No Repetitive Tasks: During the design phase, the building structure and floor plans needed to be modified frequently. With Revit BIM software, architecture designing and drafting becomes very fast and accurate. In Revit architecture model, all building components such as plans, sections, and elevations are intelligently connected to each another. Whenever a change is made to the model, the software automatically updates every related component, affecting the whole building model.
- Vast Library of Parametric Building Components: BIM authoring tool Revit software comes with a full set of parametric building design components. It also allows quick changes to the existing components. It stores the newly created or customized parametric objects to be reused in other projects. While designing a new project, architectural designer can use the stored parametric building objects for quick references to the prospective clients.
- High Quality Construction Documents: 3D modeling capacity of Revit architecture enables designers and drafters to easily identify the clashes and areas of congestion, and resolve them early in the process. It results in error-free and high quality construction documentations.
- Accurate Estimation of Quantities and Cost: One of the most important advantages of building information modeling software is the automatic generation of bill of quantities (BOQ). BIM modeling software like Revit produces accurate material quantity takeouts as a by-product, with less-efforts. This advantage helps the contractors and owners to determine if the project adheres to budgets.
- Improved Coordination: BIM drafting software Revit unifies design, drafting, construction and facility management processes in single environment, allowing all stakeholders to remain updated and aware of their responsibilities, and thus improving overall coordination. A total understanding by everyone on the project of what’s happening removes the design conflict and risks.
- High Level of Flexibility: Unlike AutoCAD, Revit allows all project data to be stored in single project file. It allows multiple users to work on the same project file and merge their changes with every save. Besides, Revit exports and imports DWG, DXF, DGN, PDF, JPEG files